So any time I find out something good about my book, I'm torn between two fairly equal thought processes:
1) If you share this good thing with people, they will think you're obnoxious and braggy and self-absorbed!
2) If you don't share this good thing with people, you are SABOTAGING your book's success and it will be ALL YOUR FAULT.
My brain is a fun place!
Okay, so logically I know that neither one of these things is completely true, but as a sort of compromise, I've decided to hoard up these good things in a little pile and share them all together now. So here you go! My pile of good things:
- Girls Made of Snow and Glass is a Junior Library Guild Selection!
- Here is a really wonderful (starred!) Kirkus review that I like to read whenever I need a pick-me-up.
- And a Publisher's Weekly review as well!
- Here's a guest post I wrote for Live Love Read about creating character flaws (and Star Wars).
- And here's a playlist plus giveaway for YA Books Central's scavenger hunt.
- There are more Good Things (including a pre-order surprise) on the way, so stay tuned!
I am so, so grateful and amazed for all the attention surrounding GMOSAG in these months before its release, and I just want to thank everyone for reading and reviewing and tweeting and Instagramming and blogging and all the other ways you share your enthusiasm. It means more to me than I can even say.